Are you looking for a database of world cities for your website?
WorldCitiesDatabase.Info provides a cheap and manageable solution:
- Perfect size for multi-level location selector scripts
- Comes as both Excel and MySQL
- Fully representative samples
- Extremely affordable.
How is this database different from others
In other words, why should you buy my database when there are many similar databases out there?
There are even some free databases with over 2 million entries. Unfortunately, they are absolutely unusuable for multi-level selectors on websites (continent/country/state/city) – they would either freeze the browser or need to have too many subdivisions that no one would want to wade through.
For most web applications, all that is required is a detailed list of cities in the U.S. and Canada broken down by states and provinces, and a list of cities with noticeable populations in all other countries.
Unless you want the script to do proximity searches, you don't need to worry about longitudes. Unless you expect your visitors to make unnecessary clicks, you don't need your database to contain administrative subdivisions in Bulgaria. All you need is a very simple structure with manageable amount of usable information.
This database is exactly that – for a fraction of what the competition charge for similar (and I contend, inferior) databases.
Download Free Samples
Please download these representative samples of the full version of the database.
The samples contain the entire Continents, Countries, and Regions tables, as well as a sample of 200 cities from different countries.
Download your free sample of the Excel version
Download your free sample of the MySQL version
You can also see the full database at work at GreatestHandyman.Com.
Buy full versions
Please make sure you have all of your questions answered before you decide to pay for the full version. There will be no refunds. If you have any questions, or if you would like to arrange an alternative method of payment, please send me an email.
You will receive your personal download link as soon as you have completed payment with your credit card or PayPal. This process is automated through PHP Easy Downloader PayPal addon.
Buy full database in Excel format ($9.99 $9.99)
Buy full database in MySQL format ($9.99 $9.99)
Buy full database in both Excel and MySQL format ($14.99 $14.99)
Occasionally I may update the files as I find ways to improve the database. I make no guarantees, express or implied, of the correctness of the information contained in the database or of my intentions to support it in the future.
I am selling this database for a ridiculously low price. You may use it on any number of your own websites, but please do not distribute the files you buy.
about my database if you find it useful. Please spread the word
Here are the specs:
- The databases are offered in two formats - Excel and SQL. Excel version allows making easy changes to the database. SQL saves you time if you need the database in this format. You may also purchase the bundle of the two formats.
- The database consists of four tables (excel sheets): continents, countries, regions (states), cities.
- There are 212 countries in my database. I am aware that there are more countries on earth, but my purpose was not to create the most complete database out there, it was to create a database that can be used for a meaningful purpose.
This table also contains international dialing codes for every country.
- The Regions table only contains information about the U.S. states, Canadian provinces and U.K. countries. This is a conscious decision. If you are like me, you need this database to feed to a selector script that will allow visitors to choose the location. In my experience, in most cases the subdivisions in most countries create more confusion and waste of time than clarity.
The structure of the database allows you to add more regions and subdivisions. All you have to do is list those subdivisions in the Regions table and then allocate the cities from the Cities table to each region.
- Because the cities are in Unicode UTF8 format and since many of them use accents, all of the tables (excel sheets) also contain a short descriptor column (shortCountry, shortRegion and shortCity) with a one-word ANSI representation of the country, region or city. I use it to generate location-based URLs.
Statistics per country, per state and per city:
Unlike my competitors, I provide full disclosure about the entries in my database.
The Cities table contains information about: 43,299 cities in the United States, 1,743 cities in Canada and a total of 76,856 cities across the world (including the U.S. and Canada).
There are no duplicates in the database.
Click on the links below for full city stats.
If for some reason you do not believe that my database offers the optimal balance of detail and usability, please send me an email – and I will see whether I can convince you or offer you a different version of the database.